Established in 1999, the Affiliates Program empowers Black, Latinx, Asian, Middle Eastern, and Native American professional staff to enrich their professional skills and build connections with colleagues through professional development and mentorship opportunities.
Established in 1999, the Affiliates Program empowers Black, Latinx, Asian, Middle Eastern, and Native American professional staff and faculty to enrich their professional skills and build connections with colleagues through professional development and mentorship opportunities, gaining a heightened sense of strategic issues and opportunities affecting Boston College as a Jesuit, Catholic university.
The University Affiliates Program is designed to:
- Offer employees, interested in careers in higher education, opportunities to broaden their professional experiences and deepen their knowledge about other areas of the University.
- Provide employees with the opportunity to strengthen their sense of community, increasing their institutional network through the program’s cohort model.
- Support the development of employees by facilitating mentoring relationships with senior leadership or Affiliates alumni, offering a series of educational seminars and structuring networking opportunities.
Monthly seminars are offered and incorporate a range of active-learning techniques (case studies, presentations, and discussions) while addressing critical themes in higher education administration such as leadership and institutional change, strategic planning, institutional budgets, academic and student affairs, human resources, information technology, and communications strategies.
The deadline for applications for 2022-2023 is Wednesday, August 24, 2022
All applicants must submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume
- A one-page statement of interest (single-spaced, 500-word minimum) addressing the following:
- Why do you want to participate in the Affiliates Program?
- How will the program contribute to your professional development?
- What specifically are you hoping to learn or gain from participating in the Affiliates Program?
- One letter of recommendation from your direct supervisor (Director, Dean, or Vice President) acknowledging the program’s required time commitment. If your direct supervisor is not the dean, vice president, or director of your department, please ensure that they are copied on the letter.
Eligibility criteria include, but are not limited to, a minimum of one year of professional (or equivalent) work experience at Boston College, and the support of the applicant’s University department.
*All sessions, except the closing ceremony, will start at 9:00 a.m. and end at 2:00 p.m.*
** Schedule subject to change.**
|Orientation/Session 1||October 11, 2022|
|Session 2||November 1, 2022|
|Session 3||November 22, 2022|
|Session 4||December 13, 2022|
|Session 5||January 10, 2023|
|Session 6||January 31, 2023|
|Session 7||February 21, 2023|
|Session 8||March 14, 2023|
|Closing Ceremony||April 4, 2023|