Careers in Science Education
Options in Education
Was there a teacher who inspired your life-long passion for learning? Maybe this teacher also inspired your love of science?
There is a great demand for creative and energetic BC graduates who want to use their Jesuit, liberal arts education to inspire students. By pursuing a career in science education, you will be using your Boston College education to serve others, while utilizing your knowledge of science.
The following information highlights serval of the options that are available to you to pursue a career in education, both at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Undergraduate Degree Options
Lynch School of Education Majors:
Lynch School of Education Minors:
- General Education Minor (18 credits)
- Secondary Education Minor (33 credits; leads to state certification and reciprocity across the country)
Graduate Degree Options
- Master of Science (M.S.T.) in Secondary Teaching, grades 8-12
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Secondary Education, grades 8-12
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Elementary Education, grades 1-6
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Geology or Geophysics
- Donovan Urban Teaching Scholars Program (M.Ed.) intensive one-year program that prepares K-12 teachers to work with students in urban schools throughout the country
- GradSchools.com - Graduate School Directory
Both the M.S.T. and M.Ed. include 14 weeks of supervised student teaching and lead to state certification and reciprocity across the country.