Senior Thesis Program
Students working in a faculty laboratory who wish to write a thesis may sign up for Biology Senior Thesis, with support and approval of their laboratory advisor.
- The decision will be at the discretion of the faculty research adviser and there is no minimal GPA requirement.
- The decision or intent should be made early in senior year; the student will sign up for the Biology Senior Thesis Research (BIOL4962) in their final semester.
- All Senior Theses must be turned into the Department by the last day of classes to receive credit for the Senior Thesis course.
- The Department will prepare format guidelines and a timeframe for completing the thesis by the semester deadline.
- All students completing a Senior Thesis will be recognized at Undergraduate Research Day.
- Theses completed and turned in by the designated deadline will be considered for the Balkema Prize, judged by a faculty committee to be “Best Senior Thesis”
Students participating in the Senior Thesis Program may also be eligible to apply for the Scholar of the College Program. Students who are accepted in this program will register for a six-credit Advanced Independent Research course (BIOL 4921) each semester of their senior year.